Chemical Peel is a non-invasive technique for
restoring wrinkled, blemished, unevenly pigmented, or
sun-damaged facial skin. A chemical solution is used to
peel away the skin's damaged outer layers. The new cells
and collagen are stimulated during the healing process
to produce a smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin surface.
Chemical peels can be used on the entire face or on specific
regions such as the forehead or areas around the mouth.
A peel does not eliminate sagging or excess skin. Each
treatment is customized for patient skin type, specific
problem areas and the delicate areas of the face. The
depth of the peel is dependent on the concentration and
type of acid, and a person's
skin type and sensitivity. Treatment issues will be discussed
during your consultation.
***CHEMICAL PEEL SPECIALS***
Aesthetic Laser Care is now offering mild to medium strength TCA Peels and the Vitalize Peel from Skin Medica for $110/each (that's 15% OFF the Regular Price of $130). All of our peels are finished with a pass of prescription strength Retinoic Acid. This helps to turbo charge your results, expedites cell turnover, and aids in the healing process.
These peels are mild and will enhance appearance
by providing smoother, brighter-looking skin. Experience has
shown that when a series of peels are performed within a short
time interval, the effect is greater than one deep peeling
procedure with a long and inconvenient recovery time. Improvements
from peels may be very subtle at first. At first, you may
detect a healthier glow to your skin. With
continued treatments, you will notice a general improvement
in the texture of your skin.
About Chemical Peels:
- Each individual will respond a little
differently to the peel series.
- The procedure takes approximately 20
- A minimal amount of redness and tingling
develops, which ends within one hour.
- Within 2 to 4 days, a light peeling
is faintly visible and lasts about 1 to 3 days.
- A series of 2 to 6 peels may be needed to achieve satisfactory results. The
peels are administered at two to six week intervals
for maximum results.
- If you have a history of herpes, you
should inform Dr. Lafkas or his staff prior to the procedure.
Indications for Treatment:
- Facial blemishes
- Uneven skin pigmentation
- Remove pre-cancerous skin growths
- Soften acne facial scars
- Control acne
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Dull, flat, "tired-looking"
- Discoloration from acne
- Sun damaged skin
- Rough, dry skin
Before Your Chemical Peel:
- No make-up should be worn to the office.
- The skin is cleansed thoroughly to remove
all oil and debris.
After Your Chemical Peel:
- You may experience some stinging, redness,
irritation and crusting.
- It is common to experience some temporary
flaking or scaling, redness and dryness of the skin.
- Do not touch or peel the flaking skin.
- Frequent face washing with water and soap
is discouraged (dries the skin too much).
- If drugs for herpes were prescribed, the
course of treatment should be completed.
- You may return to normal activities.
- Use recommended skincare products as instructed
to keep the skin clean and moist.
- Begin a regular program of sunscreens
and sun protection.
- Avoid sun exposure during your series, and for two weeks after completing the chemical peels.