|Why Come to Aesthetic Laser Care for Your Next Botox Treatment?
1) Dr. Michael Lafkas is a Black Diamond Level Injector of Botox - the highest level achievable and one of only a handful of doctors in Southern California to have reached this level from Allergan. He and Natalie Bland, RN, our nurse injector, perform all injectable treatments at Aesthetic Laser Care. Natalie has over 8 years experience and has undergone extensive training with Dr. Lafkas to best immitate and mimic his injection style for safe and natural results.
PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Lafkas is currently not accepting new Botox clients until further notice in order to best accommodate his existing clients. Natalie Bland will be taking all new Botox clients.
2) Dr. Lafkas is a trainer for Allergan, the company that makes Botox and Juvederm, and has trained many nurses and doctors in injection technique for both Botox and dermal fillers.
3) Don't risk being treated by a novice injector. Injection technique can make all the difference in achieving a natural result with little discomfort and minimal to no downtime.
4) Competitive prices: $9/Unit Regular Price, and $8/Unit When you Bring a Friend Who Also Receives Botox Treatment (Minimum of $150). Prices vary depending on the number of areas being treated and range from $150-$200 for a single area of injection, to $350-$450 for treatment of the glabellar lines (between the eyebrows), crow's feet, and forehead.
5) Aesthetic Laser Care Participates in the Botox Brilliant Distinctions Program. Call for Details as certain offers require minimum purchase.
is a simple, non-surgical treatment that can temporarily
smooth moderate to severe glabellar lines
between the eyebrows, worry lines located
on the forehead, and periorbital lines
around the eyes (also knows as crow's feet). BOTOX®
is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food
and Drug Administration (FDA). The procedure takes only
a short time to perform and there is no down time.
to the BOTOX® Home Page
What exactly is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium
botulinum bacterium. It is a non-surgical treatment that can
smooth moderate to severe glabellar lines between the eyebrows,
worry lines located on the forehead, and periorbital lines around
the eyes (also knows as crow's feet). During treatment, very
low doses of BOTOX® are administered via a few tiny injections
directly into the muscles that cause those stubborn lines. The
treatment is usually done in about 10 minutes, and no recovery
time is needed. Within days, you may see an improvement that
can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
How does BOTOX® work?
Moderate to severe glabellar lines, worry lines and periorbital
lines form over time as the result of muscle activity. BOTOX®
is injected directly into the muscles causing these lines. It
works by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the
injected muscles; this reduces the activity of the muscles that
cause those persistent lines to form.
When will I see results from a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
You may see a marked improvement within a few days. Lines continue
to improve for up to a month, and results can last for up to
4 months. In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women rated
the improvement in their appearance as moderate to better 1
month after treatment. Results may vary.
How long does BOTOX® last?
Results from treatment with BOTOX® can last for up to 4
months. If you discontinue treatment, the lines gradually will
look like they did before treatment.
Is treatment with BOTOX® painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injecting,
Dr. Lafkas or one of our registered nurses may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic
cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes.
Many people return directly to work or normal activity following
Who should not use BOTOX®?
BOTOX® should not be used in the presence of infection at
the proposed injection site(s) and in individuals with known
hypersensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation. Patients
with neurological disorders such as ALS, Myasthenia Gravis or
Lambert-Eaton syndrome may be at increased risk of serious side
Will I experience any side effects?
The most common side effects include headache, respiratory infection,
flu syndrome, temporary eyelid droop, and nausea. Less frequently
occurring (<3%) adverse reactions include pain in the face,
redness at the injection site, and muscle weakness. These events
are thought to be associated with the injection and occurred
within the first week.
Will my facial expressions continue to look natural?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX®
will not radically change your facial appearance or make you
look as if you "had work done." The muscle activity
is simply reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised
without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
What will happen to the frown lines between my brows
if I choose not to continue treatments?
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate to severe frown
lines between your brows will gradually look like they did before
What are the contraindications for using BOTOX®?
Do not use BOTOX® if you:
- have an infection where BOTOX®
will be injected
- are allergic to any of the ingredients
- are pregnant or think you might
|Call 888.498.SKIN (7546)
or E-mail us today for a